What you need to know
Take some time to consider and compare your medical plan options by accessing the new Medical Plan Evaluator beginning October 6. Annual Enrollment will be open October 13 – 27. Use the Medical Plan Evaluator and other resources to choose the medical plan that best fits the needs of you and your family in 2022.
Mark your calendar! Enrollment ends at 11:59 p.m. Central time on Wednesday, October 27.
- Review your medical plan options and what’s changing for next year.
- Review the Terms to know to better understand your benefits and learn more about deductibles, premiums, HSAs, flexible spending accounts, and more.
- Attend an Annual Enrollment webinar in October.
- Use the Medical Plan Evaluator on BenefitsNavigator beginning October 6 to evaluate your plan options and determine the best fit for you and your family next year.
- From October 13 through October 27, link to BenefitsNavigator at the top of the page.
- Select your 2022 medical plan.
- If you choose the HSA Standard or HSA Select plan, consider your contribution amount to your HSA.
- If you are currently contributing to an HSA, your contribution election will carry over to 2022 unless you change it during Annual Enrollment or at another time during the year. Since BAE Systems will also contribute to your HSA, your existing election may be adjusted so that your total contributions will not exceed the IRS limits.
- Consider your contribution elections to Flexible Spending Accounts. These contribution elections do not carry over from year to year.
- If you elect the HSA Standard or HSA Select plan, you may be eligible for a Limited Purpose FSA for dental and vision expenses.
- Review and, if necessary, update your disability and/or life and accident insurance coverage and beneficiaries.
- Consider updating your 401(k) contribution rate and reviewing your investment strategy.
- Review and consider your needs for legal coverage. Annual Enrollment is your only opportunity to elect or drop this coverage.
- Review your enrollment confirmation for accuracy, and keep a copy for your records.
Have questions or need assistance?
New! A web chat service will be available on BenefitsNavigator October 13 – 27. If you need assistance, just click on the chat icon when it appears. Using this new chat feature will avoid waiting to speak with a Benefit Center representative, as wait times are generally longer during Annual Enrollment.
If you still have questions or need assistance, call the BAE Systems Benefit Center at 1-888-900-4223, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday. Wait times may be longer due to high call volume during Annual Enrollment.
New! For more complex questions, experienced benefits counselors will be available by appointment. Beginning October 6, you may schedule a 30-minute appointment by accessing the reservation site from BenefitsNavigator or by calling the Benefit Center for details.
If you don’t enroll by October 27
If you are enrolled in a BAE Systems Cigna medical plan today and don’t take action to either enroll or waive coverage for 2022, you will automatically be enrolled in the medical plan with the lowest paycheck deduction cost available for you and any family members you cover today. This may not be the best fit for your specific needs.
If you are not currently enrolled in a BAE Systems medical plan and do not want to enroll in one of the new plan options for 2022, no action is required.
Remember, if you want to participate in the Health Care or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, you must actively choose to contribute each year. Be sure to enroll during Annual Enrollment if you want to participate in these accounts in 2022.