What you need to know
The Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) is no longer offered with any of BAE Systems medical plan options. There are new rules and processes for getting reimbursed from your HRA.
If you have an HRA from previous years and still have funds in it, here are some important things you should know:
- Your HRA is now a Limited Purpose HRA. You’ll continue to have access to the funds through December 31, 2023, as long as you and your covered dependents are enrolled in a BAE Systems Cigna medical plan.
- Your HRA funds may only be used for reimbursement of eligible dental and vision expenses incurred between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2023. During the two-year period, Cigna will manage the HRA reimbursement process for these eligible dental and vision expenses.
- You can also continue to submit any 2021 Cigna medical or prescription drug expense paid as an out-of-pocket cost as long as it’s less than one year from the date of service.
To continue to have access to your HRA funds, you must participate in a BAE Systems Cigna medical plan. To check your current HRA balance, visit myCigna.com > Spending Accounts.
Use your Limited Purpose HRA funds for dental and vision expenses, such as:
- Dental and orthodontic out-of-pocket costs
- Vision exam out-of-pocket costs
- Contact lenses and solution
- Prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses
- LASIK eye surgery
How to submit your claims for reimbursement
- Online: Visit myCigna.com or use the myCigna® App. Click “Spending Accounts” to submit a request by computer or smartphone.
- Via fax or mail: Download a reimbursement request form on myCigna.com. Once you have completed and signed the form:
- Fax it to 1 877-823-8953, or
- Mail it to Cigna, P.O. Box 182223, Chattanooga, TN 37422-7223
You must submit your receipts for expenses incurred in 2023 no later than March 31, 2024, or you’ll lose any remaining funds in the account.
Wellness Incentive Program reimbursements
With significantly reduced usage of the Wellness Incentive Program in recent years, this program ended on December 31, 2021.
Any incentives earned or processed by Cigna in December will be paid directly to you through payroll and be reduced by applicable taxes.
These payroll payouts will be made in March 2022, as long as you are still a BAE Systems employee.